I love a good salad, especially one with homemade salad dressing. You can’t go wrong with this easy-to-make and delicious salad! Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette, is the perfect way to start to dinner.
“A well-made salad must have a certain uniformity; it should make perfect sense for those ingredients to share a bowl.” – Yotam Ottolenghi
When we add more greens to our diet, we all know it’s better for us. Salads are an easy way to make sure you get them on a daily basis. You just have to find the recipes you love – and I think this is one of them. Inspiration for this recipe came from “Big Book of Home Cooking” from Gooseberry Patch. I modified the recipe a bit.
Here’s the Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette recipe:
Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 4 cups green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 15 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, chopped & toasted
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or liquid aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 olive oil
- Combine lettuce, mandarin oranges, toasted pecan pieces and red onion in a bowl.
- Add the raspberry vinegar, jam, coriander, salt or liquid aminos and pepper to a blender on high. Gradually add the oil to the mixture.
- Toss the salad with desired amount of salad dressing and serve.
That brings us to the end of the recipe. As you can see, it’s pretty easy. Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and what you thought.
Make sure you don’t miss a single post by subscribing to our newsletter. New subscribers receive a copy of my most requested recipe, Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce. It really is that good.
Thanks for stopping by!