Oh, how I love cookbooks! Seriously, I could spend an entire day going through them. What’s so great about the newer cookbooks is all the gorgeous pictures and ideas. Don’t you just love finding that special cookbook that is sure to become a family treasure? Listed below are nine of the best new cookbooks that I found on my last trip to the bookstore. Click on the cookbook picture and it will take you to Amazon where you can take a peek inside each book by clicking the book in the top right corner.
“No one who cooks, cooks alone. Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, and the wisdom of cookbook writers.” – Laurie Colwin
Here are the nine best new cookbooks published in 2016 that caught my attention. Let the eye candy begin:
- 1) Skinny Taste Fast and Slow. This cookbook got rave reviews on Amazon. If getting healthy this year is on your to-do list; then this might be a cookbook to add to your collection. Anyone that features using a slow cooker in their cookbook is a winner as far as I’m concerned.
2) The Anti-Inflammation Cookbook. If you’re looking to reduce the amount of inflammation in your body, this cookbook might be the thing that will help you start along that path. This cookbook received good reviews and readers loved the simple recipes.
3) The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook. If you have an Instant Pot than this cookbook will be an asset for you. If you’ve never heard of an Instant Pot, let me tell you as one of the recently converted fans…you need to take a look at one. The Instant Pot has seven different functions in one appliance. You can read more about why every home needs one here.
4) Plenty More. You can never go wrong with a cookbook by Yotam Ottomanghi. Vegetarian dishes elevated to a whole new level. I have the book Plenty, and this the sequel to it. The photography in this book is truly a work of art.
5) Grilled Cheese Kitchen. Are you a grilled cheese lover? Get ready to drool. This cookbook even includes breakfast grilled cheese sandwiches! Say what? Getting up early just got a whole lot easier! After going through the book, I think the Jalapeño Grilled Cheese sandwich is calling my name. Not only is this book have yummy options on sandwiches, but it also has some soup recipes to go with it. We all know that serving a grilled cheese sandwich without soup is almost a crime.
6) Savor: Rustic Recipes Inspired by Forest, Field, and Farm. I’m crazy about this cookbook, and the picture made me swoon. The reason for this might be because I love cabins, trees, and rustic food (I think the name of my blog gives that away!) Amazon lets you peek inside the book. Prepare yourself. You might start thinking about running away and getting your slice of paradise in the forest. This cookbook would make the perfect gift for friends and family.
7) Forest Feast Gatherings. If you don’t know who Erin Gleeson is, you will soon. I love her cookbooks, and I think you will too. Erin is also a food photographer that loves to take pictures of food in natural surroundings. She moved from New York City to live in a cabin in the woods in Northern California. Her house is amazing. The simplicity of her recipes along with her artwork makes all her cookbooks ones that you will treasure.
8) The Art of Pie. You had me at the word pie. Now what kind of cookbook list would this be without a one with baked goods? Not only does this book get rave reviews, but it was also voted one of the best cookbooks of 2016. You can never go wrong with anything pie related in my book.
9) Dorie’s Cookies. Last, but not least is a cookbook about just cookies. Recipes like Sesame Sea Salt Cookies and Snowy Topped Brownie Drops make this a must-own cookbook for you to enjoy. From simple recipes to more complex ones, this cookbook will make every level baker a happy one! Oprah featured this cookbook on her website. Enough said.
I hope you enjoyed looking at my list of 2016 best new cookbooks. If you’re anything like me, you could go into a bookstore and be there for hours without ever looking at a clock. Surrounding myself with beautiful cookbooks inspire me to make better and more creative meals. I hope it does you too.
Please let me know in the comments below if you’ve tried any of the recipes in the cookbooks and what you thought. I would also love to hear what cookbook was your favorite of 2016?
If you liked this blog post, please share this blog post on social media. Thanks for stopping by!
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter, where you will receive more garden ideas, home decor and recipes. New subscribers will receive my MOST requested recipe: Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce.
Most Delicious Meatloaf Recipe Ever – yep, it really is that good!
To-Die-For Hungarian Mushroom Soup – just read the comments…you will see.