Why spend your precious calories drinking a sugar-loaded drinks when instead you could be whittling down your waistline by drinking detoxifying teas? Not only are herbal teas good for you, but they taste good too! I put together a list of 7 Best Detox Teas for a Flatter Belly because with summer coming up, we could all use more help in that department.
This is an easy way to be good to your body and add a variety of tasting drinks to your day. Drinking tea that detoxifies the system isn’t enough to lose a substantial amount of weight, but by trading your high calorie sugary drinks for some delicious tasting teas – you will start a new habit that will help speed up the process.
What all these teas have in common, is that they all help detoxify your liver. The liver’s primary duty is to process everything you eat and drink and cleans the blood. Your liver is one of the hardest working organs in your body, so make sure you take care of it!
“I put a hibiscus flower in every cup of tea. It’s sweet, sexy, and cleansing. – Mario Batali
I always add a couple drops of liquid stevia to my tea, along with a healthy creamer for even more deliciousness.
Here are the 7 Best Detox Teas to try for a Flatter Belly:
1) Jasmine Green Tea. We all know that drinking green tea is good for you, but by adding Jasmine to green tea – it makes the taste simply divine. This is my favorite green tea. Here are some things you might not know about green tea:
It increases metabolism. Enough said. If that doesn’t make you want to drink down a few mugs of this everyday – then I don’t know what will.
Helps regulate glucose levels. This can help you prevent spikes in your insulin and preventing of fat storage.
Reduces the bad cholesterol in the blood.
Click on the tea pictures below for more information about each tea:
2) Peppermint Tea. This is a wonderful tea to drink because it tastes divine in addition to cleansing qualities.
Peppermint aids in digestion and prevents bloating.
It also helps reduce stress…now who wouldn’t be happy with that?
Peppermint tea also helps boost the immune system.
Helps contain cravings.
3) Chamomile Tea. Not only does Chamomile Tea help you sleep, but it also helps with stress.
It aids in liver detoxification.
Helps move things along in the intestines.
Offers laxative properties.
4) Dandelion Tea. This tea will help aid with the cleansing of your liver.
Helps remove toxins.
Helps fight diabetes.
5) Lemon and Ginger Tea. I make my own homemade lemon and ginger tea. You can find the recipe here.
Assists in normalizing sugar levels.
Improves fat absorption.
Helps prevent inflammation.
Makes your skin smooth and beautiful.
6) Turmeric Tea. We all know that turmeric reduces inflammation, but did you know it can assist with the breakdown of fats?
It will help with joint pain.
Loaded with nutrients.
Helps detoxify the liver.
7) Rose Tea. Not only does rose tea taste yummy, but it helps clear toxins from the body.
It helps the elimination of waste through the kidneys.
Cleanses the gall bladder and liver.
Helps relieve insomnia.
That’s the end of the 7 Best Detox Teas for a Flatter Belly. Which ones haven’t you tried yet? The great thing about drinking tea is it’s perfect for warm weather and cold winters. I can’t wait to start making sun tea. If you are considering a complete body cleanse, Isagenix makes one of the healthiest cleansing products available. For more information on Isagenix, click here. Let me know in the comments below what your favorite tea is to detox with.
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter, where you will get more recipes, garden ideas and home tips. New subscribers will receive my most requested recipe: Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce. It really is that yummy!