The difference between ordinary and extraordinary can simply be a slight shift of mindset. By memorizing quotes to help you navigate your life, it might be the edge you need to propel you in the direction you want to go and live the life you dreamed of. I put together 11 Quotes on Living an Extraordinary Life to use on a daily basis to not just fly through life, but soar.
“What separates an ordinary woman from an extraordinary woman? The belief that she is ordinary.” – Jody Williams 1997 winner of the Nobel Peace Prize for the crusade against land mines.
It’s time to dust off those dreams and accept how amazing you really are. We were put on this earth to expand ourselves by dreaming, risking, and living more. It’s time to become the best versions of ourselves…no more excuses!
Here are the 11 Quotes on Living an Extraordinary Life to get you started on the path you were meant to take:
1) “Abraham Lincoln comes from nothing, has no education, no money, lives in the middle of nowhere on the frontier. And despite the fact that he suffers one tragedy and one setback after another, through sheer for of will, he becomes something extraordinary: not only the President but the person who almost single-handedly united the country.” – Seth Grahame Smith
It’s only fitting that I start this post with a quote about Abraham Lincoln. When you really look at all his obstacles and what he accomplished – he is a beacon to all of us of what can be accomplished in 56 years. That man went through so many problems and the entire Civil War occurred throughout his term as President. He changed the course of history for the better and helped make America great.
2) “I have been terrified every day of my life, but that has never stopped me from doing everything I wanted to do.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
This quote is a reminder of not letting fear dictate how far you will go. Realize that fear is a part of life, but it shouldn’t prevent you from taking chances or acting on your dreams.
3) “Only dead fish swim with the stream.” – Malcom Muggeridge
You’re going to have to step out of the herd to become extraordinary, and that can be uncomfortable at times. You weren’t meant to be like everyone else, so make sure who you really are shines through.
4) “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are children of your soul; the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.” – Napoleon Hill
You were born with dreams for a reason. Bring them out in the open and let the light shine brightly on each one. Start with one of your aspirations and then move on to the rest.
5) “What we need are more people that specialize in the impossible.” – Theodore Roethke
Sometimes the things that you want to accomplish can seem daunting. Instead of focusing on the whole picture, focus on one step at a time. When you specialize in the impossible, overcoming challenges will be just another day.
6) “Look around at the azaleas making fuchsia star bursts in spring; look at a full moon hanging silver in a black sky on a cold night. And realize that life is glorious, and that you have no business taking it for granted. Care so deeply about its goodness that you want to spread it around.” – Anna Quindlen
When you see someone who loves life, goodness just oozes out of every pore. I think when you are in-tune with the world around you, the universe becomes your partner in living your dreams.
7) “What I know for sure is this: You are built not to shrink down to less but to blossom into more. To be more splendid. To be more extraordinary. To use every moment to fill yourself up.” – Oprah Winfrey
Oprah is a wise woman. It can be tempting not to stand out because it might threaten the current world you’re living in, but that’s not who you were meant to be. Show the world how amazing you really are.
8) “Teach me to hear the mermaids singing.” – John Donne
I love this quote because it suggests surrendering what you think you know to becoming a student of the unknown. Let go of the rational mind and let your ideas expand to a different level.
9) “Be daring, be different, be impractical. Be anything that will assert imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of common-place, the slaves of the ordinary.” – Sir Cecil Beaton, The Secret of How to Startle
This is one of my favorite quotes. It sums up what you have to do to become extraordinary. It’s time to put yourself out there and take a chance on you.
10) “I firmly believe that all human beings have access to extraordinary energies and powers. Judging from accounts of mystical experience, heightened creativity, or exceptional performance by athletes and artists, we harbor a greater life than we know.” – Jean Houston
We have to ask ourselves why we don’t do the things we want to do when we know we have the capacity to achieve them? If others are able to push themselves to a different level, then you have the ability to do so too.
11) “Trust yourself; then you will know how to live.” – Goethe
This quote is the key to your extraordinary life. Trust yourself enough to know you’re on the right path. Trust yourself to become the person you were meant to be. Trust yourself to bring your amazing gifts to the world and empower others to do the same.
This brings us to the end of 11 Quotes on Living an Extraordinary Life. I hope you enjoyed them. Make sure you take the quotes that inspire you the most and always keep them close to you. You never know when you will need that extra boost of inspiration to get you to a goal.
What are your favorite quotes? Let me know in the comments below. Make sure you don’t miss a single post by subscribing to our newsletter. New subscribers receive a copy of my most requested recipe, Chicken with Blackberry Cream Sauce. It really is that good.
If you liked the article, please share it on social media. Thanks for stopping by.